Monday, February 21, 2011

three words that became hard to say

So I just got back from a legit orgasm in my ears that lasted for over 3 hours. It was unreal. Who gave me this insane, body shaking pleasure?! THE AVETT BROTHERS.

I have always known they were good, but they didn't pass into the realm of great for me until listening to their latest album "I and Love and You" about six times. The beats are catchy. The songs are filled with deep, inspirational lyrics that cause your heart to melt and your head to be on the verge of explosion based on the pure combination of feel-good words. They just passed into the land of mind-boggling goodness tonight though, because I understood their work as artists, and realized that they are a super group comprised of extremely talented individuals who each bring their own personality and vibe to the stage. I would, and probably should, look up their names etc but it is like 21 minutes past my bed time and research is not on my mind.

I didn't stop moving the entire time. My body was swaying and my brain was working and at one point I started crying. Their songs are so raw and about unrelenting love, which honestly is the last thing I even want to think about after ending a multiple year, whirlwind of a relationship, but that love can be applied to other relationships as well, or even just an understanding of the world and your place in it. We are all connected, love extends beyond nature or spirituality or god or karma or anything else you may tell yourself as a means of explanation. The Avett Brothers, through their music, brought me back to that sensation of awakening, that body shaking minute when you are completely self-conscious but unabashedly so, when something else takes over reminding your body and soul and mind that they are indeed connected. It was just what I needed.

Enjoy the song:

I and Love and You

P.S sorry about the cheeseball factor of this post. It's just feelings, we all have them sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment