Sunday, January 24, 2010

now you're in (upstate) new york.

Back at HWS again after a rather fabulous adventure of a semester. Feeling slightly odd in a place that was once so familiar, especially when walking into Saga. But eh, it occurs.

A rundown so far:
Burst into tears as soon as I saw the sign that so cheerily states 'Welcome to Geneva: Trout Capital of the World'. I am not sure whether I was crying at the fact that it said 'Geneva' or 'Trout Capital', but either way I was pretty pathetically bawling.

Hit up Res-ed for my key, enter my room, and much to my delight discover I have not one but TWO sweet windows, one of which looks directly into my tennis coach's office. Figures.

Unpack some stuff, have a goon reunion, mom leaves, yadda yadda yadda.

Blahhhh whatever. The point is classes are strange (sorry if I don't remember your name, it has been a while, though it is pretty cool you remember mine), the frats are filled with rando frosh who may or may not be wearing clothes which is always good, the gym is new and gorgeous and made me confused to where I was when I first walked in. But yet some things never change, such as Saga stomach, awkward run-ins while out, and ending up eating nachos at 3 AM, which leads to a fuzzy head alll of the next day, but I guess I deserved it.

It's good to be back on the tennis court, especially now that I have those sweet bright pink knee socks to wear to be extra goonish.

What elseeee, I don't know, it is not England, but that is not a bad thing. Nothing (except for the gym and new odd frosh) changed at Hobart, which is also not necessarily a bad thing. I perhaps changed slightly, I guess the bangs aka fringe make me look 'more European' and last night I was advised by multiple people to grow them out which is just a nutty proposal and sorry friends, is not happening, cause i likeee themmmm. Also I have become slightly more awkward considering as I don't really know people here anymore and then don't know what to do when see somebody I kind of know. But eh, life is pretty decent, so why change what works?

Soundtrack:
The Avett Brothers- Brooklyn
Kesha- Tik Tok
Timbaland feat. Nelly Furtado- Morning after Dark
Holiday Shores- Dens
Animal Collective- Brother Sport

Enjoy the awkwardness of the semi-newness that is the new year at Hobart hobart hobart ayyyyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment