Wednesday, December 15, 2010

5 minutes

Reverb 10 Prompt, December 15, 2010. 5 minutes to remember your year in 2010.

This is very choppy, but it is an adequate representation of how I think about things.

Falling in love. Realizing it is one year closer to graduation. Having my first “real –life job.” Returning to tennis after a year away from the sport. Recognizing my loss of passion for the sport. The feeling of loneliness, hopefulness, annoyance. Being okay enough on my own to let somebody else in. Weddings. The feeling of being sleepy 24/7. The best living situation of my life so far. Mistakes early on in the year that are rectified later in the year. Standing up for myself. Limo wine tour. Helping a friend out, on more than one occasion. Recognizing the power of my own voice. Letting go. Loosening up and believing. A year without a new piercing! Getting close with my sister. Feeling like an adult. Debit card fraud. Bitter, bitter cold. A new style. Long hair. That feeling. Stars. Deadmau5. New friends, reconnecting with old. Taking charge of my academics and making them my own. Frustration. Crying just because I could. 6 hour solo drive. The year that flew by way too quickly.

Enjoy the reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment