Thursday, December 9, 2010

this is all i know.

This is unacceptable, actually. 6 weeks with no new post. It is not that I have nothing to write about, I do. It is not that I have haven't had the time to sit down and write, I have that too. I lost my voice. It was mute for approximately three months. I was talking, talking, talking. What was I saying? Nobody knows.

I had a minor break down in a professor's office. I was knee-deep in criticism of 19th century advertising techniques, and my writing went into the shit hole. I was regurgitating nonsense, claiming I agreed with theories I didn't, and name dropping left and right. I had no creative inspiration, even though I loved the project. "Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within" was the solution I was offered. I ate it up. I regained balance, gravity, in my words. I find myself to be in a state of turmoil, struggle, unclarity. I still am, but reading helps.

Let us not forget that college is still technically real-life, even though hopefully the real world does not involve awkward encounters, tangled hearts, chugging coffee and living off of grilled cheese sandwiches and York peppermint patties, seeing 5 hours of sleep as great, and letting nothing phase you. Hopefully the real world is more emotional. Maybe it is not. I'll see when I get there.

Now is now, then is then, and finishing this essay has to happen sometime in-between.

Enjoy the words your brain leeks, let them go, continue, move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment