Sunday, August 1, 2010

the party's crashing us now.


Clearly, the message here is that I am terrible at keeping up with this. I really want to be an actual blogger person, but my creative juices are just blahhhh after a day of work, tennis etc.

You know that feeling of being lifting out of yourself and into a higher place? That sounded religious. But seriously, when you are like floating above and observing? That happened a few times last night. I was at the Of Montreal show, and fell in love with the world again. Funny that listening to men wearing glitter make-up and tight purple pants made me do that, but eh, whatever works.

True creativity is hard to come by, yet is something that we all strive for, in our speech, dress, Facebook profiles, cars, whatever. Individualism is almost dead. Almost. Yet Kevin Barnes made me once again believe that people are unique. Or was it the pigs that made me believe? Doesn't matter. "The Past is a Grotesque Animal" was where it actually hit me- once the past is past, it is past.

So dance around in purple pants (I got mine at TJ Maxx, if you are wondering), wear feathers around your head, sing off-key at the top of your lungs, pretend you are Darth Vader, fall in love (trust me, it is a wonderful feeling), stay in love, be in love with the world and everybody around you, be a party person dancing to the indie stars, wear bright yellow jelly sandals even though you are now 21 years old... the list goes on. "Don't worry about a thing you know your path is true, just ease your mind, have a banana or two"

Get creative, and stay creative.

Enjoy the wonderful feeling of the world being new again.

Image from www.ofmontreal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment